Sunday, December 28, 2014

Rhythm

This is a poem dedicated to the Play It Again, Toads! #12 challenge of revitalizing an archived challenge. For this one in particular I have chosen to revitalize the In Five Minutes or Less challenge.

"Musical Notes" by Pixabay
The heavy drop of the beat
Thump thump thumping
To the rhythm of the strings
Whose stinging slips through
ear holes
In and out of my brain
A symbol tings
with aluminum and brass
The percussion drift so smooth
I guess it is just a one man band
But then again it is simple sounds
Mashed together in perfect harmony
It is like ecstasy to my ears
My secret overdose of drugs

That we call music  

Question: "What tampers with your passions?"

12 comments:

  1. You have effectively conveyed the sounds and love of music in these lines - certainly a reliable source of ecstasy, music has long been associated with a trance-like state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have such a broad span of interest in listening to music that I can literally categorize it to suit all the moods that I might be in. Music was originally the way poetry was conveyed too! Something to bear in mind I suppose.

      Delete
  2. There are occasions when music would push me to Ecstasy more recently it has been a source of tranquility though :-) ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tranquility is ecstasy for me.. I enjoy absolute silence and focus every once in a while because of how hectic my life normally is. Not to mention the environment in which I live.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful use of sound devices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have put more in there, but alas, I was only allotted five minutes to write this up.

      Delete
  4. music and passion - I think they have always been and always will be eternally entwined. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you are absolutely correct Margaret. Music and poetry will forever be entwined through history and time. :)

      Delete
  5. Yikes! Yes! well said, but I, love music, but not with adoration. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are only certain songs that I can absolutely fall into, but 90% of the time I am just listening to it in the background to disturb the permeated silence. I can't think clearly when it is too quite, but I have my days where I do need absolute silence.

      Delete

All comments would be appreciated.