Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Star Child

"Falling Star" by CoyChacal
Stars cling to the black-light empyrean
Like children, each constellation an auger
To the masses, they glimmer in twilight
A milky way of gold and silver nuggets
They are the guardians of the midnight sky.

For thousands of light years are our ken
Their wisdom far beyond any of our charter
Leaving us behind in the star dust of limelight
Once in a millennium hundreds of agates
Sacrificing their immortality for you and I.

They are not doomsayers from a narrow glen
Nigh, they are peace bringers, eyes of amber
Shining their insight so that we may unite
Once again without planetary riots
For which we espy and unjustly amplify.

When all the rust and dust of angry men
Climbs down from that delicate latter
A star child will be born to us as a knight
And ever present will be the fallen star abbots
At this birth, a galaxy of new lights to mystify.

16 comments:

  1. Love the dreaminess of that.. if just we can see and watch that starlight sky so we can draw conclusions from the constellations... but alas we pollute the sky with lamplight so we cannot drown in that star-light any longer.. maybe that's why it all is going to hell..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a wonderful picture of the aurora borealis the other day, and that half-inspired me to write this. You literally have to be in the high northern hemisphere in order to see it in real time nowadays.

      Delete
  2. I like this very much Kenn. You've made your words very personal and organic, and the rhyme scheme is subtle but has that rhythmic support which adds so much to a poem. I especially like the second and third stanzas, for the images they paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that they seemed personal because that means I was writing a poem the correct way. Poems need to be raw and organic because it allows the reader to feel connected in some way.

      Delete
  3. ohhh the language in this. very satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... i agree with your comment. must be the full moon, lately, for poetic inspiration. like the fantasy in your lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah weird things seem to happen during the moon shifts. Probably some kind of science could explain it.

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely desritption of the night sky and its amazing to see these gold nuggets twinkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Originally I was going to use silver nuggets because of the color, but then I thought "who is to say that stars aren't made of gold?" So it kind of stuck.

      Delete
  6. luv the seeker's mood in this poem


    ╲\╭┓╱
    ╭✿ ╯Happy New Year
    ┗╯\╲

    http://myblog-verses.blogspot.com/2015/01/one-word-listening.html

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of imagined myself as a Greek philosopher and a astrologist when I wrote this. It helped give me the mindset that I needed.

      Delete
  7. I'm enchanted by the sense of science fictional prophecy of this poem. It reads like sitting in mythical garden, in space, watching science and belief dancing happily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kind of inspired by a mix between the ancient philosophers of Greece talking to their students about space, and raveling it together with a futuristic feel.

      Delete
  8. I love this. We are always in need of a star child to bring awe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Susie, everyone needs something to sock and awe them every once in a while.

      Delete

All comments would be appreciated.